Friday, September 25, 2009

A Clever Idea!

I have had several emails, asking me how to go about framing either the Harvest Moon or the Flower Fairy doily. I am still gathering information to do a post on framing doilies, but when I saw this clever idea on Ravelry, I had to share it with you. Dagmar, who lives in Germany, has done an excellent job of crocheting the Harvest Moon. She did not glue the pieces together, but painstakingly sewed them in place, using un-plied crochet thread in place of sewing thread. But what really caught my eye was the way she has displayed the doily. In order to make the doily stiff enough for hanging, she bent a peeled hazel twig to match the shape of the moon, then sewed the doily to it.
What a creative and imaginative idea, Dagmar!

6 comments:

Ana Luisa said...

Dagmar has done a wonderful job on the doily, and so clever of her for the way she has displayed it!
will wait for further updates, and well done on your designs!

jonamc said...

When can we expect the Joy doily?
Are you going to publish a new book with the patterns that you were seeking testers for? J

Ann said...

I think she did, too, Ana Luisa! I would never have thought of it, but it works very well!

I am doing the final touch ups to the Angel doily, Jona, and if all goes well I will put her in my Etsy shop this weekend. I have started receiving the patterns back from the testers (what a very talented group of ladies they are!) on the Butterflies and Roses Pineapple doilies, so they will be available as an ebook within the next 2 weeks. They were also picked up for the Dec. issue of the Annie's Attic catalog. Thanks so much for your interest!!!

crochethuahua said...

Dagmar did a great job. What a nifty idea the twig was!

Unique2wh0 said...

Awesome idea and welcome back from your little trip hope you enjoyed!!

DandiCreations said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to try that someday. Thanks for sharing that with us Dagmar and Ann.

Diana